Friday 27 September 2013

Random Stranger: "Are you going to knit something with all that wool?"
 
I couldn't help myself, really I couldn't...it had been a very VERY long day.
 
Me: "No, I'm just really into bondage."
 
Cue very hasty retreat by offended enquirer....
 
 
I hadn't actually intended to start Colour Affection just yet, but after previously mentioned long day I decided to drop into the wool shop for some retail therapy. Unfortunately the wool selection locally is pretty dismal but it's really hard choosing complementary colours from a computer monitor. So I spent some time looking for colour combinations I could live with from the tiny stock of fingering weight, and managed to drop about half the skeins in the shop on the floor, one after another. After apologing profusely and repeatedly I felt like I should buy something, so I went with these -
 


Mmmm, soft...

And this is progress so far on Colour Affection. At the moment I'm kind of feeling like it has a baby wear vibe, but I'm hoping that will improve when the darker blue stripes start going on. This is just endless, mindless garter stitch with an increase at each end, but at least the colour changes keep a modicum of interest.

1 comment:

  1. It's looking great! I am envious, I really wish I could figure out how to knit! I've tried, but can't seem to get the hang of it. I look forward to seeing all your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete